Each year, Transportation Energy Partners hosts the Energy Independence Summit (EIS) in Washington D.C. EIS is the nation’s leading clean transportation policy summit. The Summit offers exclusive opportunities for Clean Cities Coalitions, leaders, and stakeholders in the clean transportation industry to network and establish connections with each other and Congressional and Administration policymakers.
With active participation and support, the 2018 Summit was successful in extending alternative fuel tax incentives, preserving the Renewable Fuel Standard, and saving the DOE Clean Cities program while increasing their funding by nearly $38 million! Your involvement is essential in order to educate the new Congress and Administration about the importance of these effective programs and illustrate how they are critical to advance markets for alternative fuels, vehicles, infrastructure and advanced technology.
This year, from February 11-13, 2019, the Summit will transpire as both houses of Congress confirm their agenda for the upcoming year. Our presence on the hill is a singular opportunity to enhance federal priorities, including:
- Restoring expired tax incentives for alternative fuels and vehicles
- Increasing funding for the Department of Energy’s (DOE) Clean Cities program and the EPA Diesel Emission Reduction Grants
- Protecting and advancing the Renewable Fuel Standard
- Prioritizing clean transportation energy in new infrastructure legislation
- Ensuring that the Department of Transportation Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ) program continues its funding for cleaner vehicles
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Meet with key leaders in the Administration and Congress
- Learn the latest on how to leverage investments from the Volkswagen Settlement
- Network with the nation’s Clean Cities Coalitions and top industry leaders
- Participate in Roundtable discussions with DOE, EPA, DOT, and USDA
- Learn about new technologies and market developments that are driving the alternative fuels industry forward
- Participate in Capitol Hill Day meetings and educate Members of Congress about successful projects achieved in partnership with government and industry
- Attend the Capitol Hill Day reception hosted by UPS
- Attend the Salute to Clean Cities reception
- Become a TEP member
The Energy Independence Summit 2019 will take place at the Westin Georgetown Hotel in Washington, DC on Sunday February 10th-Wednesday February 13th. Early registration ends on Friday, December 28th. Register here or visit http://tep.sre.events for more information.
Watch a recent webinar about the political stakes surrounding alternative fuels, and policy priorities for 2019’s EIS here:
About Transportation Energy Partners (TEP)
Transportation Energy Partners is a national, non-profit organization that focuses on bringing together Clean Cities coalition leaders with the clean transportation industry to promote energy independence by supporting policies that grow and develop cleaner fuels and vehicles. They concentrate on stabilizing gas prices, creating jobs, curbing dependence on foreign oil, promoting tax incentives for alternative fuel use, preserving renewable fuels standards and maintaining funding for clean transportation.