Event features speakers from ‘MotorWeek,’ City of Chicago, Cummins and major fleets.
CHICAGO, Feb. 18, 2020 – Chicago Area Clean Cities today announced it will hold its ninth annual Green Drives Conference & Expo on Thursday, April 30.
The Chicago-area coalition invites commercial and government fleets, community leaders, and the public to attend the environmental conference at the Northern Illinois University Conference Center in Naperville, Illinois.
“We expect to have more than 200 attendees, two dozen speakers and 40 environmentally friendly vehicles on display or available for test drives,” said John Walton, chair, Chicago Area Clean Cities. “As one of the largest clean-transportation conferences in the Midwest, Green Drives provides you with the benefits of a multi-day conference in a one-day trade show-like setting – all celebrating the latest in green-vehicle technologies.”
“Attendees not only get a chance to network with experts from throughout the nation and the region, but they learn of first-hand experiences from fleets currently using alternative fuels and electric vehicles,” Walton said. “At Green Drives, we connect the people and technologies that help make sustainable transportation a reality. We also give attendees the chance to get behind the wheel of vehicles of all different sizes.”
Speakers and highlights of this year’s program include:
- John Davis, the Emmy Award-winning host of “MotorWeek,” television’s longest-running automotive series, will once again serve as the program’s emcee.
- Kevin Campbell, manager of fleet services, City of Chicago, and Julie Furber, vice president, electrified power, Cummins, will give keynote remarks.
- Advanced technologies, electric vehicles and alternative fuels will be showcased.
- An alternative fuel and electric vehicle ride-and-drive will be held.
- Executives from automakers will discuss their newest vehicles and technologies.
- Fleets will learn how to use cleaner, lower emissions fuels, while saving money.
- Fleet managers may register for a complimentary pass. Offer is available for commercial or government fleet managers or other decision makers of vehicle fleet purchases, such as directors, city managers, mayors or county officials.
Green Drives is being held at Northern Illinois University’s Conference and Meetings Center, 1120 East Diehl Road, Naperville, IL 60563. To register for tickets, become a sponsor or exhibitor, visit https://chicagocleancities.org/green-drives.
“Green Drives is a must-attend event for private and public fleets, including commercial and municipal fleet managers, dealer personnel, small businesses, and clean-tech and clean-energy professionals,” Walton said. “Whether you run a small or large business, are a fleet manager, manage a dealership or service garage, or work in technology or energy, there will be topics of interest and networking opportunities for you.”
Chicago Area Clean Cities, a nonprofit coalition focused on promoting clean transportation in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs, celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2019. The coalition’s membership is comprised of federal, state and local governments, corporations, small businesses, and individuals. These stakeholders come together to share information and resources, educate the public, help craft public policy, and collaborate on projects that reduce petroleum use.
Chicago Area Clean Cities is one of nearly 100 coalitions across the country affiliated with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Clean Cities program, which brings together stakeholders to increase the use of alternative fuel and advanced-vehicle technologies, reduce idling, and improve fuel economy and air quality. The coalition concentrates its efforts on educating businesses and municipalities in the six-county Chicago region, including Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry and Will counties. To become involved, visit chicagocleancities.org.