Organization at a Glance
Clean Fuels Ohio’s mission is to improve air quality and health, reduce environmental pollution, and
strengthen Ohio’s economy by increasing the use of cleaner, domestic fuels and energy-saving vehicles.
A 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization.
• A partner to organizations of all sorts in the implementation of advanced fuels for clean vehicles.
• Facilitates the development of statewide infrastructure to support advanced fuels for clean vehicles.
• Prioritizes equity in the environmental industry.
• Works at local, state, and federal levels to support and create policy.
• Ensures that environmental benefits are also economic benefits.
Additional information on the organization’s mission and vision, as well as detailed descriptions on its
programs and services can be found at https://cleanfuelsohio.org.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) has overall strategic and operational responsibility for Clean Fuels
Ohio’s (CFO) programs, expansion, and execution of its mission; this includes the development of member
services, policy development and advocacy, outreach, operations, and business plans. The CEO reports
directly to the organization’s Board of Directors.
The position is full-time and based in Columbus, Ohio. Salary is based on the candidate’s experience and
performance and includes a combination of an annual salary starting in the $95,000 – $115,000 range and
traditional job-related benefits.
Leadership & Management:
• Ensure ongoing program excellence, evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration,
fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve
the strategic goals.
• Craft and implement strong relationships with elected officials and policy makers at all levels of
government, as well as building strong alliances with existing and potential donors and clean fuels
• Actively engage, energize and empower CFO volunteers, members, event committees, partnering
organizations, and funders
Fundraising & Communications:
• Manage revenue-generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and
expansion while simultaneously retiring debt.
• Make an impact through public speaking engagements including testifying in front of government
committees, presenting at conferences and leading discussions with key public and private leaders.
Planning & New Business:
• Develop and maintain reasonable budgets that support long-term financial stability.
• Maintain a strategic business planning process aimed at program expansion into new markets and
The Chief Executive Officer will be thoroughly committed to CFO’s mission. All candidates should have
proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable
experience and other qualifications include:
• Management Experience – A track record of effectively leading and scaling a performance- and
outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and
operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
• Organizational Leadership Skills – The ability to coach staff, manage, and develop teams, set and
achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required with a focus in business management, communications,
environmental policy, public policy or other related fields of study preferred.
• Willingness to travel regionally and nationally.
To see a full list of responsibilities and qualifications, visit the official Clean Fuels Ohio Job Description.
Please send resume and salary requirements to: Dale Arnold, Clean Fuels Ohio Board of Directors, email@example.com