As rising fuel costs continue to dominate conversations from the water cooler to Washington, more people are looking for ways to reduce their costs, while still being conscious of their carbon footprint. Propane autogas offers a unique solution to both concerns. With its lower costing energy source, Thompson AutoGas provides fleets with a reliable fuel that is not tough on their wallets or the environment.
In fact, autogas has several environmental benefits that go beyond the tailpipe.
Low in carbon, autogas makes sense as a fuel alternative to gasoline or diesel as it has reduced emissions and leaves a greener footprint. Autogas is domestically sourced and affordable. For busy fleets who travel many miles throughout the day, there are many benefits of switching to autogas.
Autogas: Safe. Clean. Renewable.
• Renewable propane, made from cooking oils and animal fats, is identical to conventional propane but with a lower carbon intensity.
• Autogas is nontoxic and is considered an alternative fuel under the Energy Policy Act of 1992.
• Lower Carbon Intensity Score than Electricity
• Less Efficiency Loss Well to Wheel
• Fewer GHG Emissions than Gasoline or Diesel
In a study conducted by West Virginia University’s Center for Alternative Fuels Engines and Emissions (CAFEE), autogas engines were shown to have a 96% reduction in GHG emissions when compared to diesel engines. Additionally, autogas engines emit 81% less particulate matter and heavy ends.
Particulate matter is of particular concern to parents of children with asthma who travel on dirty diesel buses to and from school.
For more information, visit thompsonautogas.com.