FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich.— Test drive more than a dozen electric commercial vehicles and new internal combustion medium-duty trucks just steps from an exhibit hall packed with the latest products and technology from 500 companies at Work Truck Week 2023 Ride & Drive.
Ride & Drive is free and open to all Work Truck Week registrants on a first-come, first-served basis March 8–9, from 11 a.m.–3:30 p.m. Choose from 19 vehicles, including all-electric vans, trucks and unique new zero-emissions vehicles, as well as internal combustion trucks. Ride & Drive also features new components and equipment to help boost performance, fuel economy, safety and efficiency.
Work Truck Week, North America’s largest work truck event, is March 7–10, 2023, at Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis. Green Truck Summit is March 7, educational sessions run March 7–9 and the Work Truck Show exhibit hall is open March 8–10. Register at worktruckweek.com.
“One of the great things about Work Truck Week is not only can you see the latest commercial vehicles, equipment and technology, but you can also try much of it for yourself,” Kevin Koester, NTEA managing director, said. “If you want to drive the latest medium-duty trucks or zero-emissions commercial vehicles, you can walk outside the exhibit hall to Ride & Drive. In an hour, you can accomplish what would otherwise take weeks or months of planning.
The following vehicles are scheduled to be available to drive or ride in with a company representative on a planned street route:
- Blue Arc Class 3 electric commercial delivery vehicle
- BrightDrop Zevo 600 electric delivery vehicle
- Freightliner Custom Chassis MT50e electric Class 5–6 walk-in van chassis
- GreenPower Motor Company EV Star Cargo Class 4 electric van
- International eMV Series Rugby Contractor dump
- Isuzu Commercial Truck of America Class 5 gas-powered NRR truck
- Kenworth Truck Company T280 Class 6 truck
- Lightning eMotors ZEV3 Transit cargo van
- Lion Electric Lion6 all-electric Class 6 urban truck
- Peterbilt Motors Company Peterbilt Model 220EV Zero Emissions Vehicle
- SEA Electric Hino M5 EV Class 5 truck
- VIA Motors all-electric VTRUX work truck
- Workhorse W750 blend of a cab-style truck and step-through van
- Vehicle equipped with Allison 9-speed fully automatic transmission
- Vehicle equipped with Allison eGen PowerÒ 100S e-Axle
- Walk-in van equipped with Voyager All-In-One (AIO) safety technology.
Ride & Drive sponsor Allison Transmission is also bringing the Allison Experience Show Trailer to demonstrate its fully automatic transmissions and new eGen Power e-Axles through an interactive experience. Other companies participating in Ride & Drive include Motiv, Powered by Karma and ZEVX.